The purpose of the UAA First Fruits Scholarship for Working Students is to provide financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to students currently enrolled at the University of Alaska Anchorage who demonstrate financial need.
Award amount is a minimum of four (4) scholarships at $1,000 per year.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for undergraduate and 3.0 for graduate.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and/or vocational degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage .
- Recipient must be enrolled at least half-time, six credits per semester.
- Preference given to students who are currently employed and working at least 20 hours per week.
- Preference given to students who complete the additional essay elaborating on how their degree will be used to improve the lives of others.
- Preference will be given to students who are past recipients of this scholarship.
- Preference will be given to students who graduated from high school in Alaska or have legacy to UAA through their parents.
To apply for this scholarship please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above, and then login to secured area of UAOnline to complete the electronic scholarship application.
*In order to qualify for this scholarship please submit the additional information below to supplement the online application.
- Applicants must submit a brief essay in the text box below (500 words max) describing the following qualifications and/or preferences of the scholarship:
- Describe how your degree will be used to improve the lives of others.