The purpose of the Hecla Greens Creek Scholarship Fund is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to full-time students who are majoring in Geology at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
Award amount is two (2) at $3,000 each per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking program in the area of Geology at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time (twelve (12) credits for undergraduate and nine (9) credits for graduate) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must demonstrate a long term interest in going into the mining industry.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application
- Submit the additional information below:
Applicants must submit a 300 word essay describing their interest in and experience with the mining industry.