The purpose of the Mary Pat Haberle Memorial Scholarship is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to a UAA nursing graduate student enrolled in a minimum of five credits of degree-applicable graduate nursing coursework who reflects the qualities demonstrated by Mary Pat Haberle.
Award amount is a minimum $500 for full-time students and $250 for part-time students per academic year
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant must reflect the qualities demonstrate by Mary Pat Haberle: commitment to professional nursing, high academic achievement, and community and professional services.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into the UAA Master of Science in Nursing Science program clinical sequence.
- Applicant must have completed a minimum of six credits of graduate nursing course work, including one clinical course after having been admitted to the program.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling in at least five (5) credits of graduate nursing courses.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Preference will be given to full-time graduate students (enrolled in 9 credits or more).
To apply for this scholarship please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above, and then login to secured area of UAOnline to complete the electronic scholarship application.
*In order to qualify for this scholarship please submit the additional information in the text box below to supplement the UAOnline application.
- Applicants must submit a brief essay (250 words max) demonstrating the qualities of Mary Pat Haberle: commitment to professional nursing, high academic achievement, and community and professional services.