The purpose of the Maurice P. Oswald Scholarship Fund is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to full-time students who are formally admitted into a Geomatics degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
Award amount is a minimum $500 per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into a Geomatics degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time (twelve (12) credits for) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident or out-of-state resident.
To apply for this scholarship please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above, and then login to secured area of UAOnline to complete the electronic scholarship application.
*In order to qualify for this scholarship please submit the additional information below to supplement the online application.
- Applicant must submit three (3) letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation must be submitted to the UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance by the deadline (not postmarked by the deadline). Please submit letters in a sealed envelope ATTN: Maurice P. Oswald Scholarship
UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance
ATTN: Maurice P. Oswald Scholarship
PO Box 141608
Anchorage, AK 99514-1608
UAA at the University Center
3901 Old Seward
Anchorage, AK 99503
- Applicant must demonstrate an interest in, and an aptitude for, surveying and mapping by submitting a brief essay in the text box below (250 words max) explaining that interest