The purpose of the Brian & Amy Meissner Creativity Award in the Visual Arts is to provide financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to students currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage. The intent of this fund is to provide an undergraduate research award to a student demonstrating creativity in the visual arts.
Each year one student will receive a $1000 award for an outstanding creative project in the visual arts.
- Students must be accepted in an associate or baccalaureate degree program at the Universityof Alaska Anchorage (any campus). Students in all disciplines are eligible to apply. Projects from all fields in the visual arts will be considered. This includes, but is not limited to: drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, photography, video, graphic design. and mixed media.
Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Applicant must enrolled at least part-time (six credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Projects in all visual arts fields will be considered. The award will be based on:
Overall technical quality
- Artistic impact
- The artist's articulated goals and objectives of the artwork within the context of their genre.
The project must be complete and ready for viewing by the proposal submission deadline.
- A Meissner Creativity Award application form
- A slide, photograph, or digital image of the project
- An artist's statement discussing the artistic purpose and intended impact of the work along with the artistic techniques employed by the artist.
Application forms must be signed by the student applicant and by a UAA faculty member.
Application forms can be found at www.uaa.alaska.edu/ours/opportunities or picked up from the Undergraduate Research & scholarship office in RH 115. Applications will be accepted both in hard copy and electronically.
For additional information or questions regarding Brian and Amy Meissner Creativity Award,
contact the Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship,
UAA Rasmuson Hall 115
firstname.lastname@example.org or 907.786.1086.