The purpose of the UAA National Merit Finalists Tuition Waiver Scholarship is to provide a fifteen (15) credit tuition waiver per semester for up to eight (8) semesters to undergraduate tuition and a $500 stipend per semester for books and supplies.
- Applicant must have received designation as a National Merit Scholarship Finalist.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an Associate or Bachelor degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicants must must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Applicant must enroll in a minimum of twelve (12) credits with a maximum of fifteen (15) credits at the University of Alaska Anchorage campus.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S.. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
Forfeiture of Award:
- A break in enrollment will terminate the scholarship.
- Academic and/or disciplinary probation.
- Recipient must meet the satisfactory academic progress as stated in the catalogue.
- Applicants no longer meeting the tuition waiver qualifications.
The tuition waiver is non-transferable but may be used concurrently with the UA Scholars award (if applicable).
To apply for this scholarship please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above, and then complete the National Merit Finalists Scholarship Application.