The purpose of the UAA National Merit Finalists Tuition Waiver Scholarship is to provide a fifteen (15) credit tuition waiver per semester for up to eight (8) semesters to undergraduate tuition and a $500 stipend per semester for books and supplies.
- Applicant must have received designation as a National Merit Scholarship Finalist.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an Associate or Bachelor degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicants must must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Applicant must enroll in a minimum of twelve (12) credits with a maximum of fifteen (15) credits at the University of Alaska Anchorage campus.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S.. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
Criteria for Forfeiture of Award:
- A break in enrollment will terminate the scholarship.
- Academic and/or disciplinary probation.
- Recipient must meet the satisfactory academic progress as stated in the catalogue.
- Applicants no longer meeting the tuition waiver qualifications.
The tuition waiver is non-transferable, but may be used concurrently with the UA Scholars award (if applicable).
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application
- Complete the National Merit Finalists Scholarship Application.