The Anchorage Pioneers’ Home Resident Council Scholarship in Nursing was established in gratitude to nurses for the concerned care they give as well as to encourage and help students in Nursing.
The purpose of the Anchorage Pioneers’ Home Resident Council Scholarship in Nursing is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to full-time students who are formally admitted into a Nursing degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
Award amount is a minimum $500 per academic year
- Applicants must be a UAA student who has declared a major in nursing and is working toward a nursing degree
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5
- Applicant must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credits
- Applicant must have been an Alaskan resident for 3 years prior to the semester in which the award is used.
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan a career working with elders and who are or have been employees of the Pioneer's Home system. See application step #3 below.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application.
- Submit brief statement detailing previous experience and/or future career in elder care.
- This statement is not required to be eligible for consideration.
- See final bullet listed in qualifications section.