The purpose of the UAA Practicum in Public Health Scholarship is to provide scholarship support for post graduate students researching epidemiology and/or preventative medicine. Student must identify a mentor and mentor organization and provide a letter of commitment from the individual mentor.
Award amount is a minimum of $3,600 per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic, and leadership potential
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant must be matriculated in to a public health related graduate degree program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must be willing to commit to a minimum of 240 hours of practicum over the course of one (1) year.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must be an Alaska resident.
- Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian students, however other students interested in pursuing a career related to tribal health will be considered.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application.
- Submit the additional information below:
Dr. Rhonda M. Johnson
ATTN: Practicum in Public Health Scholarship
University of Alaska Anchorage
Department of Health Sciences
DPL 405, 3211 Providence Drive
Anchorage, AK 99508-4614