The purpose of the Sheri Stears Education Scholarship is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to students admitted into baccalaureate pre-service teacher education programs at UAA. Pre-service teacher education programs include the BA in Elementary Education and the BA in Early Childhood Education.
UAA is creating educational excellence for Alaska's finest students, who will in turn be the future educators in our local schools.
Award amount is one (1) $2,500 award per academic year
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant must be involved in extracurricular activities.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into the College of Education pursuing an undergraduate education degree at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling at least half-time (six (6) credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are Alaska residents.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate financial need.
- Preference will be given to applicants who address best how they see themselves advancing education in Alaska.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application
- Submit an essay responding to these questions:
How do you see yourself further advancing education in Alaska?
How do your extracurricular activities enhance your educational experience? Please list all extracurricular activities that you are involved in. Include date ranges for each activity.