The UAA Student Social Work Coalition
Why should you get involved?
- Connection to UAA, NASW, Anchorage, and rural communities in Alaska.
- Resource for social work related issues.
- Meet friends, join study groups, and participate in fun activities.
- Learn how to make positive changes in your community.
- Get the most out of your tuition dollars by getting involved.
- Add to your resume and connect with current and future social workers.
What are some of the activities the Student Coalition participates in?
- This is your school! If you have an activity you want the Coalition to participate in, just ask and we will add it.
- A Student Coalition Blackboard site where distance and campus students can connect.
- We will have study groups, outdoor and indoor social activities, volunteer opportunities and opportunities to meet NASW members.
- We strive to have 2 meetings a month (accessible to distance students via teleconference)
What does it cost?
Free to distance and on-campus social work students who are enrolled at UAA
As much time as you want to put into it
How do I sign up?
Contact one of the Student Coalition organizers listed below: