Question for Betty.

I recently discovered a small pea sized lump under the skin on my back.  It's new, and I'm not sure what it is.  Is there someone who can check this out here?

Betty's Answer.

Yes, if you are a student taking 6 or more credits, you are eligible to be seen at the UAA Student Health & Counseling Center.  Make an appointment with one of our FNPs (Family Nurse Practitioners).

Lumps under the skin can vary from cysts, lipoma, calcium deposits, furuncle, and enlarged lymph, to name just a few diagnoses.  It is important to see a health care provider for evaluation.