Question for Betty.

I am sometimes experiencing vaginal bleeding after intercourse with my husband, should I make an appointment to be seen?  I have had one normal and one abnormal pap in the last 2 years.  Do you offer paps?


Betty's Answer.
Vaginal bleeding outside of menses is a valid concern.  Yes, it would advisable to contact the Student Health and Counseling Center at 907-786-4040, for a gyn appointment.  An gyn exam will help define the cause of the vaginal bleeding, which may be infection, injury, pregnancy, or abnormal pathology.
You also mention a history of an abnormal pap.  Have you followed up on recommendations by your health care provider?  The Student Health and Counseling Center performs annual gyn exams with pap screening as per the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology guidelines.