The UAA Care Team's promotes safety and student support to educate the campus community on identification and referral of student behavior that is distressful, disruptive, or concerning through the use of a multidisciplinary group that serves as a centralized coordination system. In addition, the team coordinates the application of assessment and intervention services for referred students.
Submit a Care Report
In an emergency, call 911 and tell the dispatcher that you are on campus. University Police will be alerted.
Submit a Care Report if a student appears distressed, disturbed, dysregulated, and/or has generally concerning behavior.
When to Submit
If you have any questions about whether or not to submit a referral/report please contact UAA’s Care Team Coordinator at 907-786-6065 or the Dean of Students office at: 907-786-1214. In addition you may send an e-mail at email@example.com.
The care team answers calls between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday excluding University holidays.For after hours, non-emergencies, see Additional Resources.
About the Care Team
The mission of the UAA Care Team is to promote a safe, caring and productive learning, living, and working environment for students at UAA. This is accomplished by addressing the needs of students through service coordination, assessment, and the implementation of individualized support plans.
The University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) takes seriously its responsibility to develop, monitor and maintain a campus environment that is safe and supportive for students, faculty, staff, and visitors. To this end, UAA formed a Behavioral Intervention Team in 2009, now referred to as the Care Team. The Care Team focuses on evaluating and responding to concerning student behavior. Our focus is on prevention and intervention to offer students, staff, and faculty support.
University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) understands the climate that exists on college campuses post Virginia Tech. The Care Team was designed to serve as an additional measure in UAA's approach to campus safety and violence prevention. It must be understood, however, that unforeseen situations may complicate the best system of campus safety. The Care Team has been designed to be flexible and adaptable to a great many situations that may occur at UAA. In all situations, the Care Team strives to balance the need for direct action with the application of due diligence. Our effort is to create a culture of accountability and care in order to support proactive responses within the University community and for the individual student.
- Alaska Care Line: 907-266-4357
Text: (Tue-Sat 3pm-11pm) '4help' to 839863
- Anchorage Crisis Line: 907-563-3200
- Veterans Crisis Line: 800-273-8255 option 1
- University Police Department (UPD): 907-786-1120
- Student Health & Counseling (SHCC): 907-786-4040
- Residence Life: 907-751-7444
- Office of Campus Equity & Compliance: 907-786-4680
- Title IX Investigator: 907-786-1535
- Student Union & Commuter Student Services: 907-786-1204
- Military & Veteran Student Resource Center: 907-786-1183
- Learning Resource Center (LRC): 907-786-6828
- Disability Support Services (DSS): 907-786-4530
- Native Student Services (NSS): 907-786-4000
- Multicultural Center (AHAINA): 907-786-4070
- International Student Services: 907-786-1573
- Career Services Center: 907-786-4513
- Student Financial Assistance: 907-786-1480