You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Referral Process: What Happens Next?
What happens after I submit a report to the UAA Care Team?
- After an online Care Report is submitted, Maxient (the Care Team database) sends a “Care Notification” email to UAA Care Team members, the Residential Care Team and Care Team Affiliates.
- A Care Team member is assigned to the Care Report, according to the circumstances, and becomes the Case Manager for that student.
- The Case Manager gathers additional information about the student of concern.
- Within one business day of when the report is submitted, the Case Manager contacts the referral source.
- Within one business day of when the report is submitted, the Case Manager attempts to contact the student to discuss the report.
- The Case Manager uses the available information and meetings with the student to:
- Get to know the student and the impact that the issue is having on them.
- Advocate for the student by coordinating services and assisting the student with navigating university processes.
- Help the student develop skills to manage situations independently.
- Care Team members will provide updates to the referral source, as appropriate.
- When the case is resolved, the Care Team will inform the referral source.
Services Care Team Provides in Response to Care Report
- Manage crisis response situations
- Assist students to understand campus procedures, such as requesting retroactive withdrawals or petitions for tuition refunds
- Guide students through academic dispute resolution procedures
- Identify resources on campus and in the community
- Referrals to on-campus and off-campus resources and services
- Connect with academic advisors
- Identify additional financial resources
- Reach out to disengaged students
- Provide student advocacy and support