Employers - Resources
- Staff and Faculty
|UAA Career Exploration & Services|
|8 am to 5 pm (AKST), Monday - Friday|
|The University Hub: WFSC 142
Entrance on the ground floor of UAA Student Union (2921 Spirit Way)
Schedule an Appointment
We are happy to partner with you to hire the most energetic, hard-working, and intuitive employees on the job market today - UAA students and graduates.
UAA Career Exploration & Services (CES) strives to maintain and foster partnerships
with employers through providing information, programs, and outreach opportunities
to your company. We value your time and appreciate your willingness to reach out to
UAA and CES!
Powered by Handshake
Our career management platform, Seawolves@Work/UAA Handshake, allows employers to connect directly to UAA students!
Get Started on Handshake:
On-Campus Recruitment & Events
Want to meet potential employees? Attend any of our career fairs to meet job seekers who fit with your company. For more information, please login to Seawolves@Work powered by Handshake.
Connect with students on-campus! Information tables, classroom presentations, focus groups, and more. For more information, contact Career Exploration & Services at 907.786.4500 or email@example.com.
Job Shadowing Program
Job shadowing immerses each student in the world of work where they can get first-hand information about job skills and careers. We are always looking for a pool of professionals for students to explore various career fields.
The National Association for Colleges and Employers (NACE), the national professional association for college career services offices and employers, defines third party recruiters as follows: “Third-party recruiters are agencies, organizations, or individuals recruiting candidates for temporary, part-time, or full-time employment opportunities other than for their own needs. This includes entities that refer or recruit for profit or not for profit, and it includes agencies that collect student information to be disclosed to employers for purposes of recruitment and employment."
The above definition includes, but is not limited to, the following entities regardless of the fee structure used by the entity to charge for services.
- Employment agencies/organizations that list positions for a number of client organizations and receive payment when a referred candidate is hired. The fee for listing a position is paid either by the firm listing the opening (fee paid) or by the candidate who is hired.
- Search firms—organizations that contract with clients to find and screen qualified persons to fill specific positions. The fees for this service are paid by the clients.
- Contract recruiters—organizations that contract with an employer to act as the employer’s agent in the recruiting and employment function.
- Resume referral firms—commercial organizations that collect data on job seekers that is marketed to prospective employers. Fees may be paid by the employer, the job seeker, or both.
- Commercial job listing/resume collection web sites—it is not compatible with the mission of CES to promote businesses which collect candidate resumes for the purpose of marketing those to employers.
UAA Career Exploration & Services has established the following policy for Third-Party Recruiters:
- Third-party recruiters may post positions through their UAA Handshake account after
the name of the client being represented is made available to the Career Exploration
& Services (CES).
- Handshake Third-Party Recruiter Guidelines: Handshake is excited to offer as many career opportunities to students as possible, including those offered by third party recruiters. However, we do not permit outside services from bulk collecting student data, employer data, job descriptions, or other marketplace information through the use of automated scripts ("scraping") or similar technologies or methodologies. Third party recruiters are also prohibited from requiring students to create an account on a third-party platform unaffiliated with the company or brand providing the employment role. Any violation of these, or any other Terms, at our discretion, may result in suspension or termination of the account(s) associated with you or your recruitment service.
- For Handshake's complete Terms of Service, please go to http://joinhandshake.com/tos/
- Third-party recruiter's attendance at Career Exploration & Services' fairs will be limited. Third-party recruiters that register for a Career Exploration & Services' fair will automatically be placed on a waiting first and will be notified no later than one week before the fair if a table is available for them. Those allowed to participate should represent employers who have authorized them to recruit for specific positions and should focus on encouraging job seekers to apply for those positions and not focusing on recruiting employers and students to utilize their company's services. The name of the employer being represented should be clearly identified on all announcements and displays.
- Third-party recruiters may participate in on-campus interviews provided the name of the client is disclosed to Career Exploration & Services and prospective applicants.
In providing services for third-party recruiters, University policy requires that:
- Third-party recruiters operate in congruence with the university policy of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, handicap, or national origin. An employer or agency using the services of UAA Career Exploration & Services understands that compliance with all related federal and state statutes and regulations is required for initiation or continuance of Career Exploration & Services.
- Third-party recruiters will abide by the Principles for Third-Party Recruiters as described in the NACE Principles for Professional Practice.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to contact the third-party recruiter. Candidate names and/or information concerning candidates will not be released to third-party recruiters unless candidates provide a written release, signed and dated by the candidate, for that specific agency. Federal law requires that confidential letters not be shared with candidates.
UAA Career Exploration & Services will promote the job and pertinent information through normal channels which may include the website, posting on bulletin boards, referral to faculty and/or staff, and/or direct referral to candidates. The third-party recruiters will be listed as the contact and identified as an employment agency.
If a third-party recruiter wishes to interview candidates on-campus or attend career fairs, that recruiter will agree to abide by the above polices and to identify the represented employer(s) to both Career Exploration & Services and potential university interviewees. Third-party recruiters who elect to interview on-campus should understand that the candidate information provided by Career Exploration & Services is to be used exclusively for the employer(s) so identified.
Third-party recruiters must adhere to all NACE principles, which are listed in the Principles for Third Party Recruiters.
For more information about how we can help get the word out about your company's/organization's job opportunities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (907) 786-6913.
We are open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm (AKST).