Career Services During Coronavirus
As of Monday, March 20, Career Exploration and Services has now transitioned to an entirely virtual model until further notice, as part of our commitment to keeping the UAA community healthy. This means our doors are closed, but we are now available to support you and your career needs online.
- Virtual Appointments: UAA students and alumni can schedule virtual appointments, by phone or video, with Career Services staff for assistance with resumes and cover letters, mock interviews, job search assistance, or career exploration. Log into Handshake with your UA credentials to schedule an appointment.
- Job/Internship Applications: Handshake is still an available and robust resource for those seeking job and internship opportunities.
- Online Resources: Access career tools online for assistance with interest clarification, resume building, industry information, and more.
- Current Internships and Employment: Students presently working in an internship or job should check in with their employer to see if you should still report to work. For those earning credit for your internship, contact your academic advisor for additional information.
- Social Media: Stay up to date with UAA Career Services, job and internship openings, and career tips by following us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Contact Us: Staff will respond to emails and voicemails Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Call (907)786-6913 to leave a message or email email@example.com
During your time at UAA, take advantage of career exploration and professional development opportunities. The UAA Career Exploration & Services (CES) office provides resources, programs and events to help you explore and pursue your career goals. These resources include:
- Resume and cover letter review
- In-person career guidance
- Mock Interviews (job or graduate school interview practice with feedback)
- Job search assistance
- Free career and professional development workshops and programs
- Assistance navigating Handshake, UAA’s career management platform
- Internship and job shadowing programs
- Discover jobs in personalized recommendations based on your major & interests
- Find career and networking events on campus
- Explore thousands of jobs and internships available to you
- Schedule appointments for support with resumes and cover letters, mock interviews, internship orientation, and career exploration
- Track deadlines and put your best self forward
- Connect with employers and meet your potential
- Managing your on-campus interviews with top companies, organizations, and on-campus employers
- Access through an easy to use, accessible online platform and mobile app
- Login with your UAA credentials.
- Find detailed information on specific careers.
- Take assessment tests and do the Occupational Search to help decide what major of study or career path to choose.
- Find out what occupations would best suit you personally.
- Search for financial aid opportunities.
- Use the following login information to access AKCIS:
- Then create your own Portfolio.
Career Coach is a web-based tool to explore career and higher education opportunities. Easily browse current Alaska job postings, learn about workforce training and educational opportunities and access current Alaska labor market and wage data using simple online tools. With Career Coach you can:
- Take assessments that match your interests to specific college majors.
- Learn more about in-demand careers in several industries.
- Use a resume builder to put together a professional resume.
- For Military Veterans: Find civilian careers related to your military occupation.
Access Career Coach
Through the main page of Career Coach, students can set up their own accounts.