Job Database & Career Research
Looking for employment or an internship?
Check out UAA Handshake!
UAA Career Exploration & Services manages a free online job database for UAA students and alumni, also known as UAA Handshake.
Please go to uaa.joinhandshake.com to start using your account!
For any technical/how-to questions about Handshake, please go to support.joinhandshake.com.
Still have questions? Contact UAA Career Exploration & Services at (907)786-6913 or email@example.com
To access AKCIS, click on the logo above or copy and paste this URL into your browser:
Use the following login information to access AKCIS:
Let AKCIS help narrow these questions down for you.
- Find detailed information on specific careers.
- Take the assessment tests or do the Occupational Search that AKCIS offers in order to help you decide what major of study or what career path to choose.
- Find out what occupations would best suit you personally.
- Search for financial aid opportunities.
AKCIS is a fabulous tool with a plethora of information to guide and assist you in
your vocational and career endeavors.
Note: AKCIS is licensed to the Career Development Center for UAA use only.
The Alaska Career Information System (AKCIS) is a comprehensive career guidance system that provides information and exploration tools to people throughout Alaska.
- AKCIS is the only regularly updated source of both Alaska and national occupational information.
- AKCIS provides information to Alaska native and rural populations.
- AKCIS is the only system that provides information based on the needs of Alaskans.
- AKCIS contains numerous tools for sorting its occupational and educational information.
Disclaimer of Endorsement:
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the University of Alaska. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the University, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement.