Job Database & Career Research
Looking for employment or an internship?
UAA Career Development Center manages a free online job database with more than 5000+ local and national employers that post an
average of 200 positions per month on UAA College Central Network. The online job
database can be used for free by UAA students, UAA alumni, and community members.
Instructions for registering for an account, searching for jobs, and uploading your resume can be found on the Website Navigation Guide
- Visit College Central Network, the UAA Online Job Database
- Select the Student, Alumni, or Resident icon and read the information and announcements on the next page.
- Go to the Register Now link.
- Create an Access ID and a Password that you will remember. Then Continue Registration.
- Complete all requested information on the registration form. Employers will search this information to choose appropriate candidates, so be as thorough as possible.
- Be sure to select the degree and major that you are pursuing so that the Job Agent can notify you of jobs posted to UAA that match your interests.
- Once your registration is completed, you will have instant access to your profile to begin uploading your resume, creating a career portfolio and searching for jobs or internships!
Still have questions? Contact UAA Career Exploration & Services' at (907)786-6913 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To access AKCIS, click on the logo above or copy and paste this URL into your browser:
Use the following login information to access AKCIS:
Let AKCIS help narrow these questions down for you.
- Find detailed information on specific careers.
- Take the assessment tests or do the Occupational Search that AKCIS offers in order to help you decide what major of study or what career path to choose.
- Find out what occupations would best suit you personally.
- Search for financial aid opportunities.
AKCIS is a fabulous tool with a plethora of information to guide and assist you in
your vocational and career endeavors.
Note: AKCIS is licensed to the Career Development Center for UAA use only.
The Alaska Career Information System (AKCIS) is a comprehensive career guidance system that provides information and exploration tools to people throughout Alaska.
- AKCIS is the only regularly updated source of both Alaska and national occupational information.
- AKCIS provides information to Alaska native and rural populations.
- AKCIS is the only system that provides information based on the needs of Alaskans.
- AKCIS contains numerous tools for sorting its occupational and educational information.
Disclaimer of Endorsement:
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the University of Alaska. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the University, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement.