General Support Services Available to all Students who Experience Disabilities
Please schedule an appointment to meet with DSS staff two weeks before the accommodation is needed.
- Faculty notification (with student's permission).
- Liaison with other agencies such as the Alaska Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, and U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs.
- Use of Adaptive Computing Lab for training and study.
Academic Adjustments Available with Supporting Documentation
- Testing adjustments
- extended time
- reduced distraction environment
- access to adaptive software as needed
- Note-taking assistance
- Scribing assistance
- Alternate Format Materials (books and other course materials)
- large print
- electronic text
- Assistive technology (training, loans, and use campus-wide)
- computers with adaptive software
- peripherals such as scanners, microphones, mice, etc
- assistive listening devices like an FM system or pocketalker
- magnification devices and software
- Realtime Communication Access Services
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters
- Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART)
- TypeWell Transcribers