In addition to registering for courses, many incoming students who experience disabilities will need to:
- Arrange for a meeting with Disability Support Services by calling 786-4530 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete and return admission application and all other required forms to Enrollment Services.
- Complete and return financial aid forms to Student Financial Aid.
- Take Placement Tests and get advice on which classes to sign up for. (If you need testing accommodations DSS can proctor your placement test).
- Sign up for an orientation session or schedule a campus visit to discuss the available programs, services, and opportunities
- If you plan to live on campus, submit necessary application materials to Housing
- Visit the Learning Resource Center (LRC)
- Get a Wolfcard Student ID
- Check the People Mover schedules if you will be riding the bus (Remember your Wolfcard Student ID is also your bus pass)
- Purchase a parking permit if needed
- Check the Shuttle Schedule for getting around campus
- Register and Pay for your classes and Buy your books
- Familiarize yourself with Blackboard by attending a student training session or accessing the materials offered by IT and Distance Ed
Schedule an appointment with your rehabilitation counselor, if necessary. Keep your counselor fully informed of dates, costs, and other UAA requirements
It is the student's responsibility to arrange for certain services which are outside the scope of Disability Support Services. These services include attendant care, mobility training and sources of financial aid.