Financial Aid Workshops Available
Interested in learning more about applying for loans, creating a budget, or understanding your credit score? Follow this Workshop Calendar link for dates and details. All workshops are open to the public!
Need help to understand the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy? Find out how to safeguard your financial aid by remaining in compliance with SAP at our SAP 101 Workshop - March 28th at 10 am in Student Union Room 103 (Lyla Richards Conference Room). For more information, contact: Erin Pikey at email@example.com
Helpful Tax Information
Filing your taxes for FREE just became easier! If you made less than $64,000 in 2016, you can do your taxes online for free at MyFreeTaxes.com a non-profit United Way sponsored resource. Follow this link for additional information on how to navigate and use this resource - My Free Taxes Infographic. We will be hosting an information session on how to use the website - Details coming soon!
The IRS 1098-T tuition statement available within your UAOnline account reports qualified tuition and related expenses reportable by an eligible educational institution. Education tax credits may be available to you if your are paying education costs for yourself or a student or a family member. Form 1098-T enables you to determine if you qualify for education tax credits. Additional instructions are available on the IRS Website.
Additional UAA Accounting Office guidance provided in the "Student Account Refunds & Financial Aid Disbursements" FAQ webpage. You may also call the UA 1098-T hotline at 1-877-563-7605 for more information.
UAA Summer Classes Begin May 22nd
FULL 10 WEEK Session
First 5 WEEK Session
Second 5 WEEK Session
|May 22-Aug 5||May 22-Jun 26||Jun 29-Aug 5|
Are you ready?
- Continuing Students: Attending Summer semester and need to request your remaining financial aid? Summer Revision Request Form
- New Students: Fill out the 2016/2017 FAFSA! While you're at it, go ahead and fill out the 2017/2018 at the same time, before you leave the website.
Lost eligibility for financial aid?
Visit our Satisfactory Academic Progress website for additional details on how to check your status, understand how suspension & probation will affect your eligibility, and how to appeal.
Need help to understand SAP?
SAP 101 WORKSHOP
March 28th - 10 am in SU103
(Lyla Richards Conference Room)
Mark your calendars!
Financial Planning Resources
Making the decision to pursue a degree is a big step, and there are many factors to consider when choosing where to enroll. The following resources are available to assist with comparing cost, financial assistance, and outcomes.
- Created and hosted by the U.S. Department of Education
- Compare information on cost, retention rates, and other critical data
- Provided according to degree level (undergraduate/graduate)
- Based on average cost for tuition and fees, books and supplies, housing and food, transportation, and personal expenses
- Data is an estimate only, as each student's expenses will depend on many variables, including living arrangements
- Students whose actual expenses exceed their estimates can submit a Cost of Attendance/Budget Adjustment form
- Estimates your cost and financial aid, according to the info you provide
- Currently only available for undergraduate programs
- Available to student who complete the FAFSA and have applied to UAA
- Provides clear, concise information on cost, financial aid, retention and graduation, and average debt information per career
- Designed by the U.S. Department of Education
- Easily compare cost and aid offers for schools you are considering
- Access your UAA Shopping Sheet by logging into UAOnline > Financial Aid > UAA > Federal Shopping Sheet