UAA Scholarships Resource Page
Contact via Phone and Email: Closed to In-person Traffic
The University Center is closed to walk-in traffic due to statewide and local measures to contain the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). The call center is operational and staff are able to take your call Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Apply for UAA Scholarships Between October 1st - February 15th
The 2020/2021 University of Alaska scholarship application is now accepting applications from new* and continuing UAA students. This exciting system has many useful features and benefits, including the ability to search, filter, and apply for scholarships based on answers provided on both the UA General Application and the UAA supplemental application.
*Students NEW to UAA do not need to fill out the scholarship application to be considered for an award. Information collected during the application for admission process will be used to make awards from this group. Completing your 2020/2021 FAFSA will increase your chances of being selected for an award.
How to apply:
- Sign into the UA Scholarship Portal with your UA username and password.
- Complete the General Application and the system will sync with your imported, university-stored data, like degree program, major, and GPA. Auto-matching technology "pushes" your application to be reviewed for scholarship opportunities if you meet eligibility qualifications.
- The system will ALSO provide you with a list of "Other Recommended" scholarships, unique to your imported data and answers you provided on the general application. These "other opportunities" require you to answer additional questions and/or provide subject-matter specific essays. Any additional requested essays or references must also be submitted in the portal by February 15th. For those scholarships that require a "reference letter", you must send an automated invitation from within the portal to your sponsors. The sponsor will access the secure portal to provide reference content. It is critical that you use your UA faculty reference's UA email address. To look this up, use the UA Directory Search tool.
- After you complete the applications, you're done! If you are awarded a scholarship you will receive an award email to your UAOnline "preferred" email address. You can also check on the status of your application by signing back into the scholarship portal at any time.
- Follow up! The system also includes information on private and external scholarships. These deadlines change often so check back under "External" opportunities.
Your completed General Application will be archived and removed from the system in August. You must complete a new General Application EVERY YEAR. If "Financial Need" is a requirement, you must file a FAFSA between October 1st and February 15th. The deadline to apply for most scholarships is February 15th.
To jump to a list of scholarships filtered by a specific college within the UA Scholarships Portal, follow the links provided below. Results can be narrowed further by using the site's "Search by Keyword" filter. This is for information only. You must sign into the portal (top right of the filtered page) in order to apply. Applicants no longer have to apply for individual scholarships unless the award requires an extra step beyond the General Application.
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business and Public Policy
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Health
- Community and Technical College
For additional scholarship assistance, please contact Financial Aid at email@example.com.
Visit our Workshop Calendar for dates, times and locations!
Financial Aid offers a variety of workshops and work sessions on topics such as filling
out the UA scholarship application, filing a FAFSA, and learning how to make more
fully informed financial decisions.
Follow Financial Aid on Facebook!
Financial Aid sends out important scholarship and financial aid announcements from the UAA Financial Aid Office Facebook page.