UAA Scholarships Resource Page
Apply for UAA Scholarships Between October 1st - February 15th
The 2019/2020 University of Alaska scholarship application is now accepting applications from new* and continuing UAA students. This exciting system has many useful features and benefits, including the ability to search, filter, and apply for scholarships based on answers provided on both the UA General Application and the UAA supplemental application.
*Students new to UAA do not need to fill out the scholarship application to be considered for an award. Information collected during the application for admission process will be used to make awards from this group.
How to apply:
- Log in to AcademicWorks with your UA username and password.
- Complete the General Application and any supplemental applications presented. The system syncs with your data. You are automatically matched with scholarship opportunities for which you meet the criteria and the system provides additional "recommended" scholarships that may be available to you. Any additional requested essays or references must also be submitted in the portal by February 15th.
- After you complete the applications, you're done! If you are awarded a scholarship you will receive an award email to your UA email address. You can also check on the status of your application by logging back into the system at any time.
- Follow up! The system also includes information on private and external scholarships. These deadlines change often so check back under "External" opportunities.
Your completed General Application will be archived and removed from the system in August. You must complete a new General Application at the beginning of each fall semester. If "Financial Need" is a requirement, you must file a FAFSA between October 1 and February 15. The deadline to apply for most scholarships is February 15.
To jump to a list of scholarships filtered by a specific college on the UA Scholarships Portal website, follow the links provided below. Results can be narrowed further by using the site's "Search by Keyword" filter. Sign in to the portal (top right of the filtered page) in order to apply.
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business and Public Policy
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Health
- Community and Technical College
Locating Applicant's Enrolled College
Login to UAOnline, select "Student Services & Account Information", "Student Records", then "View Student Information". Current program will be listed in the "Curriculum Information" section. Contact the UAA Admissions Office with any program questions.
For additional scholarship assistance, please contact Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Workshop Calendar for dates, times and locations!
Financial Aid offers a variety of workshops and work sessions on topics such as filling
out the UA scholarship application, filing a FAFSA, budgeting, understanding a credit
score, and student loans. Attendees may be able to win a UAA Administration Scholarship.
Follow Financial Aid on Facebook!
Financial Aid sends out important scholarship and financial aid announcements from the UAA Financial Aid Office Facebook page.