Start earning your college degree. We can help.
Are you a first-time freshman? Let UAA help with the Seawolf Start Scholarship!
A college degree is an investment of time, energy and money. UAA is here to help with a $500 Seawolf Start Scholarship that covers the cost of
your tuition exclusively. Pursue your dreams and earn your degree at UAA.
Am I eligible?
To qualify, you must:
- Be a new incoming first-time freshman.
- Apply for, and be admitted to, a degree-seeking program for the fall 2021.
- Register for a minimum of 3-credit hours at the UAA-Anchorage campus.
- Meet all deadlines.
Who is a first-time freshman?
A first-time freshman is a degree-seeking student who enrolls at UAA with no prior
postsecondary experience. Students enrolled in the fall term who attended college
for the first time in the prior summer term, or students who entered with advanced
standing (college credits earned before graduation from high school) are also considered
To receive a Seawolf Start Scholarship:
- Complete the application for admission by May 1, 2021.
- Complete the FAFSA by May 1, 2021.
- Register for a minimum of 3 credit hours at the UAA-Anchorage campus by August 15,
To follow your next steps to register, visit our Admitted Student checklist even if your admission status is still pending.
How will I be notified and when?
Students who meet eligibility requirements will be notified by email shortly after
the May 1st deadline.
Will I be notified if I am not eligible?
UAA will only notify students who are eligible for the scholarship.
The benefits of earning a college degree are boundless
A diploma from UAA will equip you with the tools you need to navigate and lead in
our ever-evolving world.
Top reasons to finish your degree at UAA: