The Student Health and Counseling Center is committed to meeting specific needs for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer (LGBTQ+) community with respect and compassion.
- Student Health and Counseling CenterThe SHCC is dedicated to providing
high quality, respectful, and gender-affirming healthcare for all of our students. We've included the ability for students to identify their preferred name, identity and pronoun use for their medical record, and offer an all gender restroom housed in the clinic.
We offer primary health care and counseling services:
- Annual exams
- Pap smears
- STD testing and treatment
- PrEP and PEP
- Birth control
- Screenings and referral for mental health issues (related to coming-out, depression, anxiety, relationship issues).
- Safe Zone ResourcesUAA supports LGBTQ+ community with several resources through SafeZone.
- All Gender Restrooms
The University of Alaska strives to create and sustain inclusive, supportive, safe, and nondiscriminatory communities. One aspect of creating a supportive environment is providing safe, accessible, and convenient restroom and locker room facilities. Students, staff, faculty, and campus guests are welcome to use the restroom and locker room facilities that correspond to their sex or gender identity, or utilize restrooms that are designated all gender.
- Anchorage Mental Health Resources
- Anchorage Crisis Line: (907) 563-3200
- Providence Psychiatric Emergency Department: (907) 212-2800
- Providence Crisis Recovery Center: (907)563-5006
- Generation Q
Substance free social and support group for LGBTQ+ young adults.
Due to the recent COVID-19 crisis, Generation Q will meet online from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month until further notice.
Contact via email: YPManager@identityinc.org
Staffed by trained and caring volunteers, the HelpLine is available to provide you with information on resources, referrals for assistance, or if you need a sympathetic ear.
Hours of operation: 6 pm – 11 pm, 7 days a week
Contact Toll Free, outside of Anchorage: 888-901-9876
- Identity, Inc.
is to advance Alaska’s LGBT community through advocacy, education and connectivity.
- It Gets Better ProjectThe It Gets Better Project’s mission is to communicate to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth around the world that it gets better, and to create and inspire the changes needed to make it better for them.
- National Health Information
- National Coalition for LGBT Health
Information on what to discuss with your healthcare provider:
- Trans Health Resources
- Ten Things for Bisexuals
- Ten Things For Lesbians
- Ten Things For Trans Individuals
- National Suicide Prevention LifeLine or Chat
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or Lifeline Chat
Contact: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- The Safe Zone Project
The Safe Zone Project promotes awareness and ally training workshops.
- The Trevor Project
The Trevor Project — Crisis intervention and suicide prevention for LGBTQ youth.
Contact: (866) 488-7386
Call for Appointments:
Rasmuson Hall (RH) 116/120
Fall and Spring:
Thursday: 8am-1pm and 2pm-5pm
Summer: 8am - 5pm
Physical Health: Monday - Friday
Mental Health: Monday - Thursday