You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

International Students' Cost to Attend

International students are responsible for securing their own funding. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is used by USA citizens and permanent residents to apply for financial aid from the USA federal and state governments. International students are not eligible for the USA government aid programs.

In order to obtain an I-20 students must show a year's worth of funding (two semesters) to cover tuition, books, fees, lodging, meals, day-to-day expenses and required health insurance. Need based financial aid is not available for international students. It is recommended that international students research scholarship opportunities that may be available in their home country to study in the US.

Some programs charge a surcharge for their courses in addition to regular tuition. Students in these majors are required to show additional funding, and pay a higher amount for the programs' courses.

Basic Financial Requirements

Estimated Expenses Undergraduate Graduate
Tuition & Fees $26,970 $20,961
Housing & Meals $12,662 $12,662
Books $ 1,320 $     864
Day-to-Day Expenses $3,000 $ 3,000
Health Insurance $ 1,630 $ 1,630
Total $45,582 $39,117

Please see the requirements that must be met in order to qualify for sister city status if you are an established resident of a sister city and will be arriving directly from the sister city to UAA.