Emerging Leaders Program
Stay Connected during COVID-19
All in person events on the UAA campus may be cancelled due to statewide and local measures to contain the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) but that doesn't stop you from staying engaged with virtual events!
UAA's Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is a co-curriculum program aimed at developing and enhancing leadership skills and competencies of all students across campus through self-assessment, learning, and practice opportunities. ELP will help students be accomplished in the classroom, competitive in the work force, and civic-minded in their communities.
ELP 2021 - Stay Tuned!
Missed ELP 2020? We're sad about it too.
Anyone can be a leader!
ELP is a weekend program, where students will be able to participate in a variety of activities over the course of the weekend in order to receive their Certificate of Distinction for the Emerging Leaders Program.
The Emerging Leaders Program views leadership as a process, not a position, and is therefore inclusive and accessible to all. Leadership development is valued-based, collaborative, and socially responsible. Citizenship and focus on positive change through community engagement and service is the key to leadership development. For leaders to be successful, they must first understand themselves and align their values with their goals. Learning how to work with others, while recognizing strengths and challenges, leads to understanding the true meaning of leading with integrity and positively impacting others.
- First and second year students are highly encouraged to apply, although this program is open to everyone.
- 2.0 cumulative GPA and be in good disciplinary standing with the University at the time of application.
- No leadership skills or experiences necessary.
- Eager to learn!
Students who complete the Emerging Leaders Program will be able to:
- Exhibit interpersonal competency in understanding oneself and the impact on others.
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation for cultural and human differences.
- Illustrate an awareness of and commitment to social and civic responsibility.
- Communicate, organize, and synthesis complex information with purpose and clarity.
Connect with the Emerging Leaders Program
Visit Student Union, Room 218 in Student Life and Leadership office or via phone or e-mail.