What is UAA FUSION?
UAA FUSION is "For Unity and Service In Our Neighborhoods". It is a community service program launched by New Student Orientation in Fall 2007. This program connects UAA students to volunteer opportunities around the Anchorage community. Volunteers receive certificates documenting their volunteer service. Anchorage community partners benefit from the assistance of students who want to take an active role in their communities. Spring 2020 UAA FUSION week events are March 16-20, 2020 -- however, we may still offer ongoing opportunities to volunteer throughout the semester.UAA FUSION Evaluation
Want to be a part of FUSION? Check out the events taking place and register to volunteer with one of our partner organizations. Follow us on Facebook at "the Office of New Student Orientation" or on Twitter at "uaahowldays"!
For more information about the FUSION events, email email@example.com or call (907) 786-1224.
Expectations of Volunteers
- Your attendance at the event for which you registered is absolutely critical, so we expect you to attend once you have registered.
- Dress Code & Coduct:
- Dress comfortably, but clean and free of holes, rips, or inappropriate slogans.
- Ask for instruction if you do not understand a task that has been assigned to you.
- Be mindful of the language and behavior you exhibit. You are representing UAA.
- Keep an attitude of excellence
- Have fun!
Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another. - Erma Bombeck