National Student Exchange
What is NSE?
National Student Exchange provides students with affordable and practical opportunities to experience new and diverse settings in which to study and live. Students can study for a semester or a year paying either UAA tuition or resident tuition at a choice of 160 colleges and universities throughout the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands (UAA does not currently participate in the Canada exchange). For more detailed information, you can visit www.nse.org, where you can find out about all participating colleges and universities.
- You must be enrolled full-time at UAA
- You must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- You must be in Good Academic Standing
- You must have completed a minimum of 24 credits at UAA before your exchange begins
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident - Students on visas cannot participate
- You must have no outstanding financial obligation to the University of Alaska system before your exchange begins
- You must have no current or pending probationary or disciplinary action
Schedule an appointment with the NSE Coordinator. Once an exchange has been discussed, the NSE application will be emailed to you.
Submit a $250 non-refundable application fee after you have confirmed your application is complete with the NSE coordinator. Checks should be made out to UAA.
- All of these items must be completed and turned in by February 1st!
Learn about the new online application for NSE - schedule an appointment with your NSE Coordinator today.
Applications due February 1st!
For more information about NSE, contact: