National Student Exchange
What is National Student Exchange?
NSE provides students with affordable and practical opportunities to experience new and diverse settings in which to study and live. Students can study for a semester or a year paying either UAA tuition or resident tuition at a choice of nearly 200 colleges and universities throughout the United States and Canada, including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. For more detailed information, you can visit www.nse.org, which details participating colleges and universities.
NSE Participation Requirements
To be eligible to apply for NSE:
- You must be enrolled full-time at UAA
- You must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- You must be in Good Academic Standing
- You must have completed a minimum of 24 credits at UAA before your exchange begins
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident - Students on visas cannot participate
- You must have no outstanding financial obligation to the University of Alaska system before your exchange begins
- You must have no current or pending probationary or disciplinary action
How do I apply?
- Complete a UAA National Student Exchange Application.
- Submit a $250 non-refundable application fee along with your NSE Application.
- Provide one letter of recommendation from faculty/staff member or academic advisor.
To turn in an application:
All of these items must be completed and turned in by February 1st!
After I apply
After you have been accepted into a NSE program, you must complete the NSE ACADEMIC ADVISING AGREEMENT.
This form will be used to evaluate courses that you are interested in taking on exchange for pre-approved UAA credit transfer. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about NSE, contact:
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software