Residence Hall Association
The Residence Hall Association (RHA) is the student governing body for the UAA residence halls and apartments and is made up of students like you. Members of RHA help create policies, host open forums to discuss residents' concerns, and plan fun events open to all students. These events usually include dances, sporting events and karaoke nights.
RHA has a direct voice in University governance activities via a voting seat on student government (USUAA). RHA is not only a great place to meet friends and get your voice heard but also gives you a chance to contribute to an academic and diverse residential environment while expanding your resume. RHA is a great way to get involved!
The RHA Fall 2018-Spring 2019 candidacy packet is now available, and elections will be held March 25, 8pm in the Gorsuch Commons, Room 106.
Congratulations on taking the first steps to joining the Residence Hall Association! This is a great opportunity to be an active member of the residential community at UAA.
In the form, you will find valuable information regarding the election process and the mulitiple position opportunities available. RHA has several positions open for the Fall 2018-Spring 2019 academic year. These positions are only available to current residents living in the On-Campus Living community.
Candidates must abide by the election guidelines that are outlined in the constitution, and must adhere to the policies regarding campaign publicity as outlined in the RHA Candidacy Packet.
- Vice President
- National Communications Coordinator
- Business & Administration Manager
- Advocacy & Outreach Coordinator
You can find descriptions for each position in the RHA Fall 2018-Spring 2019 Candidacy Form. If you have any questions, please contact Advisor Ryan J. Hill at 751-7448 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Assembly Meeting Schedule
Every Other Sunday, Spring 2018, in Commons Lower Dining:
- January 14
- January 28
- February 11
- February 25 (submit funding requests by 5pm, Feb. 21 )
- March 11 (submit funding requests by 5pm, Mar. 7)
- March 25 (submit funding requests by 5pm, Mar. 21)
- April 8 (submit funding requests by 5pm, Apr. 4--Final requests for semester)
- April 22
RHA Funding Proposal Request
- Submit this form and prepare for a brief presentation at an RHA General Assembly meeting. You'll have a maximum of five minutes to present your proposal.
- Your proposal must be submitted to the Executive Board by no later than 5pm on Thursdays prior to General Assembly meetings (see submission schedule, above). The General Assembly meeting you present at must be at 2 weeks or 14 business days prior to your desired event, or 3 weeks prior for program requests that include food, prizes, decorations or charge for admittance.
- Voting on proposals may occur at time of presentation, or at the following meeting at the General Assembly's discretion.
- For programs that have a Guest Speaker or Performer, you must submit your funding request 30 days prior to the event.
- To continue to receive funding, you must attend an RHA General Assembly meeting the week following the event to present a detailed report (including event attendance) regarding the success of the event or program.