Residence Hall Association
The Residence Hall Association (RHA) is the student governing body for the UAA residence halls and apartments and is made up of students like you. Members of RHA help create policies, host open forums to discuss residents' concerns, and plan fun events open to all students. These events usually include dances, sporting events and karaoke nights.
RHA has a direct voice in University governance activities via a voting seat on student government (USUAA). RHA is not only a great place to meet friends and get your voice heard but also gives you a chance to contribute to an academic and diverse residential environment while expanding your resume. RHA is a great way to get involved!
General Assembly Meeting Schedule
Sundays,Spring 2017, in Commons 106:
February 5, 19
March 5, 19
April 2, 16
RHA Funding Proposal Request
- Submit this form, and bring a draft of your advertisement/flyer for the event to for presentation at an RHA General Assembly meeting. You'll have a maximum of five minutes to present your proposal.
- Your proposal must be submitted to the Executive Board by 5pm on Thursdays, prior to Executive Board meetings. The General Assembly meeting you present at must be at 2 weeks or 14 business days prior to the event, or 3 weeks prior for program requests that include food, prizes, decorations or charge for admittance.
- Voting on proposals may occur at time of presentation, or at the following meeting at the General Assembly's discretion.
- For programs that have a Guest Speaker or Performer, you must submit your funding request 30 days prior to the event.
- To continue to receive funding, you must attend an RHA General Assembly meeting the week following the event to present a detailed report (including event attendance) regarding the success of the event or program.
RHA Common-Space Renewal Fund Request
Looking for funding for supply for your residence hall or apartment commons areas
at UAA? The Residence Hall Association in UAA's On-Campus Living community has got
RHA will consider primarily requests for cleaning supplies and kitchen supplies. Since the Cama-i Room and MAC Shack do not have kitchens or cleaning supply closets, some exceptions may be made.
Available funds for first-round requests (request deadline 2-15-17, 5:00 pm):
- East/Templewood: $412
- North: $288
- MAC: $380
- West: $188
1) All furnishing requests will require additional approval at the Procurement office level before funds can be expended on your behalf.
2) All requests will be routed through the Area Residence Coordinator for approval before being routed for RHA review/approval.
Timeline for review/approval:
- Wednesday, February 15, 5:00 pm: deadline for request submission
- Thursday, February 16, 8:00 pm: the RHA Executive Board will vote on all first-round funding requests
- Sunday, February 19, 8:00 pm: All first-round request approved by the Executive Board will be presented at General Assembly
- Monday, February 20, 8:00 am: Second-round request submissions open.
- Wednesday, February 22, 5:00 pm: deadline for any funds not allocated during first-round will be available for request by any area, including the Cama-i Room
- Thursday, February 23, 8:00 pm: the RHA executive board will vote on all FINAL round funding requestsSunday, February 26, 8:00 pm: final round requests approved by the Executive Board will be presented at General Assembly.