Residence Hall Association
The Residence Hall Association (RHA) is the student governing body for the UAA residence halls and apartments and is made up of students like you. Members of RHA help create policies, host open forums to discuss residents' concerns, and plan fun events open to all students. These events usually include dances, sporting events and karaoke nights.
RHA has a direct voice in University governance activities via a voting seat on student government (USUAA). RHA is not only a great place to meet friends and get your voice heard but also gives you a chance to contribute to an academic and diverse residential environment while expanding your resume. RHA is a great way to get involved!
Candidacy Process for Fall 2017:
Congratulations on taking the first steps to joining the Residence Hall Association! This is a great opportunity to be an active member of the residential community at UAA.
In the form, you will find valuable information regarding the election process and the mulitiple position opportunities available. RHA has several positions open for the Fall 2017-SPring 2018 academic year. These positions are only available to current residents living in the On-Campus Living community. Elections will be held September 10, 2017, during the General Assembly meeting in the Commons Lower Dining area.
Those who wish to be considered MUST complete the online delciation of candidacy no later than Friday, September 8.
Candidates must abide by the election guidelines that are outlined in the constitution, and must adhere to the policies regarding campaign publicity as outlined in the RHA Fall 2017 Candidacy Form.
- Student Chair (one each for North, East, West/TW and MAC areas)
- Vice Chair (one each for North, East, West/TW and MAC areas)
- Student Delegate (8 positions)
You can find descriptions for each position in the RHA Fall 2017 Candidacy Form. If you have any questions, please contact Advisor Ryan Hill at 751-7448 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Assembly Meeting Schedule
Sundays, Fall 2017, in Commons 106:
- August 27
- September 10 (submit funding requests by 5pm, Sept. 7)
- September 24 (submit funding requests by 5pm, Sept. 21)
- October 8 (submit funding requests by 5pm, Oct. 5)
- October 22 (submit funding requests by 5pm, Oct. 19)
- November 5 (submit funding requests by 5pm, Nov. 2)
- November 19 (submit funding requests by 5pm, Nov. 16)
- December 3 (submit funding requests by 5pm, Nov. 30)
RHA Funding Proposal Request
- Submit this form and prepare for a brief presentation at an RHA General Assembly meeting. You'll have a maximum of five minutes to present your proposal.
- Your proposal must be submitted to the Executive Board by no later than 5pm on Thursdays prior to General Assembly meetings (see submission schedule, above). The General Assembly meeting you present at must be at 2 weeks or 14 business days prior to your desired event, or 3 weeks prior for program requests that include food, prizes, decorations or charge for admittance.
- Voting on proposals may occur at time of presentation, or at the following meeting at the General Assembly's discretion.
- For programs that have a Guest Speaker or Performer, you must submit your funding request 30 days prior to the event.
- To continue to receive funding, you must attend an RHA General Assembly meeting the week following the event to present a detailed report (including event attendance) regarding the success of the event or program.