SCGL plans and co-hosts a variety of programs and events throughout the year to further integrate our clubs and Greek organizations into the UAA community.
Student Involvement Fair
At the beginning of each semester, student clubs/organizations are invited to participate in the Student Involvement Fair. At this event, clubs/organizations are given a table in which they can decorate and promote themselves to interested students on campus. This two-hour event is a fantastic way to showcase all of the amazing benefits that come along with participating in our 100+ clubs/organizations.
Dates for the Student Involvement Fair:
Fall 2017: from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Spring 2018: from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 31, 2018
The University of Alaska Anchorage Homecoming King and Queen recognizes student leaders who, through their leadership, involvement, and commitment, have made significant contributions to campus life. This award recognizes students for leadership that goes above and beyond the norm, while sustaining quality academic performance.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Currently enrolled in at least six credits at the University of Alaska Anchorage and in good disciplinary standing (at time of application).
- Minimum of 2.5/4.0 UAA GPA (at time of application) or, if a first-year student, provide proof of high school transcript confirming 2.5/4.0 cumulative GPA.
- Meets UA Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
- Having earned 20 or more credit hours from the Anchorage campus.
- On-going leadership at UAA. This may include memberships with campus groups, coordinating events on campus, or being appointed or elected to a leadership position with an organization, board or committee.
Haunted Halloween Fun Night
Haunted Halloween Fun Night (HHFN) has been a safe and warm alternative to trick-or-treating for over 25 years. Each year, student clubs/organizations completely take over the Student Union and are given the opportunity to host a Halloween-themed activity for the Anchorage community. Each organization is allowed to set its own ticket price, raising money for both their club and for charity. In 2015, HHFN raised $1,742 for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. In 2016, an additional $3,656 was donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Anchorage. General attendance is 4,000-6,000.
Date: Saturday, October 28, 2017
Time: from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Place: UAA Student Union
Student Clubs and Greek Life, Club Council and all participants of HHFN would like to thank Kaladi Brothers Coffee for their many years of supporting HHFN. Their continued sponsorship of HHFN makes this program possible each year!