Experience. Participate. Lead.
- Student Life and Leadership Philosophy
The Student Clubs and Greek Life Office (SCGL) enriches the University of Alaska Anchorage campus community by providing excellent resources and services for all students who are, or want to become, involved. We are dedicated to developing equal and diverse communities, interactive networks, collaboration, leadership skills, and personal, social, and intellectual experiences. We believe these opportunities help students to experience a seamless learning environment and obtain valuable lifelong skills.
How We Serve You
- Registration: To receive University benefits, students register their clubs and organizations with SCGL. Visit UAA Life.
- Start a New Student Organization: Any UAA student is welcome to request to start a new organization through Club Council. SCGL provides resources and services necessary for the group's development.
- Re-registration: We assist clubs through the re-registration process so they can remain in good standing with the University.
- Bookkeeping: SCGL maintains all student club and Greek organization financial accounts. We provide online financial ledgers, facilitate expenditures requests, coordinate deposits, and provide financial and budgeting training.
- Travel: Registered student clubs and organizations can access funds for student travel from their University financial account. The office helps process travel documents and works with the organization to plan trips.
Programs We Offer
- Student Involvement Fairs: This free event provides registered student clubs, organizations, and departments at UAA the opportunity to share the many diverse involvement and leadership opportunities within our campus community. Involvement fairs occur at the beginning of both fall and spring semesters.
- Student Officer Orientations: Offered online throughout the year, this training is a requirement for student clubs and organizations President and Treasurer. We recommend that all officers take the training because it provides valuable, in-depth information about the business of running a club.
- Homecoming Shopping Cart Parade: An exciting event that happens during Homecoming Week, clubs decorate shopping carts (like floats) and parade them around the campus. The top three winners get to parade their carts on the ice during the Homecoming Hockey Game.