We, the Interfraternity Council at University of Alaska - Anchorage set forth this Constitution and Bylaws in order to cause closer working relationships and coordination among its Member Fraternities and University of Alaska - Anchorage, in accordance with the policies and standards established by the North-American Interfraternity Conference (NIC).
The purpose of the IFC shall be to:
- provide a sovereign governance structure for its Member Fraternities;
- promote the interests of its Member Fraternities;
- promote the interests of men’s fraternities in general;
- discuss questions of mutual interest and present to its Member Fraternities such recommendations as the IFC deems appropriate;
- promote the interests of University of Alaska Anchorage;
- promote mutual cooperation between its Member Fraternities;
- promote mutual cooperation between the IFC, fellow governing councils, and student organizations at University of Alaska Anchorage; and
- promote mutual cooperation between the IFC and University of Alaska Anchorage, its students, faculty, staff, and local community.