UAA Leadership Honors
UAA Leadership Honors
Leadership Honors are awarded to individuals upon graduation to recognize and honor their leadership contributions to the University of Alaska Anchorage and Anchorage community while maintaining academic excellence. Leadership activities and involvement must promote individual and collective growth, demonstrate increased engagement with the community at UAA and beyond, and showcase commitment to citizenship. Recipients of UAA Leadership Honors are commemorated at the fall or spring Commencement ceremony, bestowed crimson honor cords, and receive a permanent notation in their academic transcript.
Spring 2018 Deadline: Friday, February 23, 2017
Online applications will be available for Spring Graduates as of 12/1/ 2017.
The application will also be available in a paper format in the Student Life and Leadership Office in the Student Union, Room 218.
- Enrolled in at least three credits at the University of Alaska Anchorage and in good disciplinary standing (at time of application and award).
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA (at time of application).
- Applicants must be graduating in the semester they apply. *If graduating in summer, must apply in the following fall deadline and submit letter of intent to graduate from academic department. You will need to submit a copy of your application for graduation, letter of degree completion with date, or confirmation e-mail.
- Completed Application.
- Demonstrated (on-going) involvement at UAA and/or Anchorage community:
- Applicant's involvement may include memberships with campus groups, coordinating events on campus, or appointments/elected to a leadership position with an organization, committee, or board. (Note: While leadership experiences in campus student employment may be included, leadership must go beyond regular duties of those paid positions.)
- Student's involvement must contribute to the improvement of the community, UAA and beyond (i.e. the student identified a need and filled it; took initiative and made a significant difference by their involvement.)
The Leadership Honors Advisory Committee is appointed by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and composed of two faculty/staff members and two students who are not applying for the honor. The Advisory Committee reviews applicants on the merit of their involvement and how it enhanced student life at UAA and the greater Anchorage community. After review, the Advisory committee sends their recommendations to the Vice Chancellor for final approval.
Spring 2018: Friday, February 9, 2018