Why Join USUAA?
USUAA Student Government provides opportunities to develop leadership and advocacy skills while representing student interests and needs. USUAA members make a difference on campus by giving input on policies, procedures, and programs. USUAA helps coordinate several campus activities to build a broader sense of community and belonging at the university. You can serve on boards, committees, and special task groups that help make policy decisions and recommendations which affect students, faculty, and administration.
By becoming involved with Student Government, you will increase personal growth, learn how to work together in teams, gain problem solving skills, and practice citizenship through community engagement and advocacy.
- Enrolled in at least 3 credits at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- A current minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Students with no established GPA, or a GPA that is between 2.5 and 2.0 can join USUAA under a probationary status. After one semester of membership, the student must meet the required 2.5 GPA or be dismissed from the assembly. If a student falls under a 2.0 GPA, they will not be eligible for probation and will be dismissed from the assembly.
Interested individuals should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Communicate and cooperate effectively with a wide range of people
- Apply strong analytical thinking to policy issues
- Ability to reach consensus on complex issues
- Abstract thinking and the ability to see the 'big picture'
- Confidence to interact with various UAA and non-UAA people and entities
- Willingness to take a public role
- Readiness to devote large amounts of time and energy
To petition on to an open seat for the Fall semester, complete the Fall 2018 Petition Packet and the Membership Eligibility Form and turn both forms into Dawn Demko, Administrative Assistant for USUAA, Green Fee and Concert Boards in Student Union 218.
Not interested in joining to USUAA Assembly, but still want to get involved on campus? Apply for a Presidential Appointment to join other UAA related committees, boards, or special task-forces. A list of available appointments can be found here. Email the USUAA President at email@example.com for more details.
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software