USUAA provides opportunities to gain leadership skills and experience by serving on university boards, committees, and task groups that make UAA policy recommendations and decisions affecting students, faculty, and administration. Appointees have the opportunity to represent fellow students and make a difference on campus.
The USUAA President and Vice President appoint numerous students to serve on UA and UAA standing boards, organizations, and committees. USUAA Appointees become part of the decision-making process at UAA by helping to establish and review policies, procedures, and make investments that affect the campus community. Appointees report directly to the President and/or Vice President and update the organization during regular Assembly meetings.
- Academic Decision Review Committee
- Accreditation Steering Committee
- Bartlett Lecture Series
- Campus Safety Committee
- Diversity Action Council
- General Education Requirements Assessment Task Force
- Green Fee Board
- International/Intercultural Laboratory Task Force
- Library Advisory Committee
- Media Board
- PBAC Facilities Committee
- Student Judicial Board
- Student Union and Commuter Student Services (SUCSS) Advisory Board
- UAA Concert Board
- UAA Sustainability Action Board
- Undergraduate Academic Board
- University Assembly
- University Technology Council
- Board of Cultural Awareness
- Election Board
- Green Fee Board
- USUAA Ombudsman
- UAA student enrolled in a minimum of 3 credits at UAA.
- Have paid the UAA Student Government fee.
- Have a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Be in good disciplinary standing with the University.
Interested students should complete the online application below, or click this link to open it in a new window. Candidates will be interviewed, and if selected, will be presented to the USUAA Assembly for approval as defined in the USUAA Constitution and/or Bylaws. Applications are reviewed as received until appointments are filled.
If selected, appointees must:
- Attend meetings of their respective committees/boards.
- Submit monthly reports to USUAA president on committee/board activities.
- Attend one USUAA Assembly meeting per month or meet with the president.
- Abide by ethical guidelines as stipulated in USUAA Constitution and Bylaws.
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software