Who We Are
The Union of Students of the University of Alaska Anchorage (USUAA), is recognized by the University of Alaska Board of Regents as the governing body for students enrolled at the University of Alaska Anchorage. As stated in the Constitution, the goals of USUAA are to:
- Broaden the educational perspective of the students by instituting a structure of self‐governance.
- Promote the educational needs, general welfare and rights of the students.
- Serve as a forum for students to express their ideas for enhancing the quality of their educational experience through expanded and improved communications among students, faculty, administration and beyond.
- Formulate policy and procedures concerning student life.
- Serve all students equally, in accordance with Board of Regents Policy, federal and state law, prohibiting discrimination against individuals, including but not limited, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, physical or mental disability, change in marital status, pregnancy or parenthood.
To learn more about USUAA, please see the Assembly Structure and about the individuals who compose this organization below. For information relating to the governing documents of this organization, please see USUAA Documents.
Executives are responsible for providing direction, organizational oversight, management, and strategic planning for USUAA and its committees. This includes addressing interal matters to help improve communication, support, progress, and duties of each committee.
Comprising ten at-large elected individuals, Senators represent all UAA students on the Assembly. They write bills and resolutions, as well participate on two USUAA committees.
Representing the individual colleges at UAA, Delegates sit on the Assembly as voting members. They work with other assembly members on legislation and serve on one USUAA committee.
Representing various organizations throughout the UAA campus, Liaisions provide regular reports to the Assembly and act as voting members.
Completing work that allows USUAA to function at a high level, Staff play an integral role in the various day-to-day operations of the organization.