DISTANCE or REMOTE ACCUPLACER Testing
Remote Accuplacer tests are available to testers who live outside the Anchorage area and are unable to physically test at the UAA Testing Center.
ALL testing must be done in a proctored setting. No tester is allowed to take the test without the supervision of an approved proctor. This ensures the integrity of the students' test scores and the security of the ACCUPLACER tests.
There are two options for taking your Accuplacer test remotely:
Option 1: Complete your exam at an approved testing site
Note: Remote ACCUPLACER tests are not available for same day registration and processing.
- Find a qualified proctor by contacting a local educational institution or military
facility to determine if qualified test center personnel are willing to administer
the ACCUPLACER tests to you in their facility. A qualified proctor must:
- Be familiar with accepted practices for administering standardized test
- Have no vested interest in the tester's scores
- Is not related to the tester
- Is employed by an educational institution
Option 2: Complete your exam online with a virtual proctor
- Review the technical requirements listed below before completing the process.
- A well-working computer with 1 GB of RAM or higher
- A wired high-speed internet connection (3 Mbps)
- A wireless internet connection is not recommended
- Any webcam with 640x480 video pixel resolution (a laptop camera is acceptable)
- Working speakers connected to the computer
- A microphone connected to the computer (consider a webcam with a built-in microphone)
- Flash player version 7 or higher
- Browser compatibility: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software