DISTANCE or REMOTE ACCUPLACER
Remote Accuplacer tests are available to testers who live outside the Anchorage area and are unable to physically test at the UAA Testing Center. We require ALL testing be done in a proctored setting.
No tester is allowed to take the test without the supervision of an approved proctor. This ensures the integrity of the students' test scores and the security of the ACCUPLACER tests.
There are two options for taking your Accuplacer test via remote.
Find a qualified proctor by contacting a local educational institution or military facility to determine if qualified test center personnel are willing to administer the ACCUPLACER tests to you in their facility. A qualified proctor must be:
Familiar with accepted practices for administering standardized test
Has no vested interest in the tester's scores
Is not related to the tester
Is employed by an educational institution
Find a proctor, setup a tentative test date with the proctor and ask the proctor to complete the Proctor Security Agreement
Next students complete the Remote Accuplacer registration and payment process here
After receiving the proctor security agreement and student registration, UAA testing staff will
verify the identity of the proctor and provide the proctor with a password and instructions
for administering the ACCUPLACER tests.
Remote ACCUPLACER tests are not available for same day registration and processing.
Complete your exam online with a virtual proctor.
- Review the technical requirements listed below before completing the process.
- A well-working computer with 1 GB of RAM or higher.
- A wired high-speed internet connection (3 Mbps).
- A wireless internet connection is not recommended.
- Any webcam with 640x480 video pixel resolution (a laptop camera is acceptable).
- Working speakers connected to the computer.
- A microphone connected to the computer (consider a webcam with a built-in microphone).
- Flash player version 7 or higher.
- Browser compatibility: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.