Once again, Alaska Airlines generously donated vouchers to be used for special projects at UAA that support the mission of the university. UAA departments are invited to submit a project proposal that could benefit from the use of these tickets.
The proposal period is OPEN now through February 20, 2015.
Alaska Airlines Ticket Voucher Program Guidelines
ROUND ONE VOUCHERS
Please consider these expectations and restrictions associated with the Alaska Airlines Ticket Award:
- Tickets are to be used in a manner that results in publicity for Alaska Airlines.
- Tickets are to be used to advance the goals of the University of Alaska Anchorage (per the UAA Strategic Plan 2017).
- Alaska Airlines Commercial Desk must receive the ticketed voucher(s) two weeks prior to the scheduled departure date. Travel must be booked by December 25, 2015. Travel must be completed prior to October 25, 2016.
- No more than two ticket vouchers will be awarded for any one project.
- Vouchers are good for round-trip coach system-wide flights numbered 1-999 and 2000-2999 on Alaska Airlines only.
- Tickets may not be extended to additional legs of a flight once the vouchers have been redeemed for a shorter distance. Any change in travel plans will not be accommodated by Alaska Airlines.
- Preference will be given to programs not previously awarded.
- Once a voucher has been awarded, the recipient must use it in accordance with the proposal or forfeit the voucher back to University Advancement.
- If lost, the voucher will not be reissued.
- Vouchers will be released only upon receipt of the name, address and social security number of the passenger.
- If the recipient receives a ticket as a result of a drawing or other prize, they will be issued a 1099 by the University of Alaska Foundation, which may have tax consequences to the recipient.
- Requests for outside conference travel are not likely to be awarded.