UAA departments and community groups can request the use of the mascot costume for any event (rally, festival, parade, etc).
- Please note that University Advancement will not provide someone to wear the costume – it is up to each group to recruit someone to wear the suit. It fits best on someone 5’8” or taller.
- Read through the usage rules below for more information.
- Check the calendar to see if the suit is available for your event.
- Complete the request form below.
- You will be notified by email if your request is approved. Not all requests will be granted. UAA-related activities will take priority in the scheduling of Spirit.
- If your request is approved, you can pick up the mascot between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at UAA’s Administrative/Humanities Building, 3680 Alumni Drive, Suite 236 (map).
- For questions, contact Bridgett Dyson at email@example.com or (907) 786-1013.
UAA Spirit Mascot Rules
- Be a positive representative of UAA and of UAA’s school spirit.
- Never break character. Children especially will see you as the “real” thing.
- No part of your body should be seen while in character.
- Do not remove any part of the costume while in view of an audience. (For example: Don’t remove the head in order to cool off unless you are in a private place.)
- If you need to rest, please go to a private area to do so.
- Do not allow anyone other than the assigned person to try on the costume.
- Do not use the costume to scare or intimidate anyone, especially children.
- Please provide an escort for Spirit to assist in moving through crowds and navigating an area.
- Never speak while in character.
- Do not use lewd or obscene gestures.
- Use extreme caution when working with children.
- Drink plenty of water prior to getting into costume.
- Do not consume alcohol before or while in costume.
- Do not hold signs of any kind.
- Do not dress Spirit in any clothing or accessories that have not been provided to you by UAA’s Office of Advancement.
- Do not stay in the costume for more than 30 minutes at a time in order to prevent heat exhaustion.
UAA Spirit Mascot Request Form