Experience. Participate. Lead.
The Student Clubs and Greek Life Office enriches the University of Alaska Anchorage campus community by providing excellent resources and services for all students who are, or want to become, involved. We are dedicated to developing equal and diverse communities, interactive networks, collaboration, leadership skills, and personal, social, and intellectual experiences. We believe that these opportunities help students to experience a seamless learning environment and obtain valuable lifelong skills.
How We Serve You
- Registration: Student Clubs register through with the Student Clubs and Greek Life Office and Club Council in order to receive University benefits.
- Starting a New Student Organization: Any UAA student is welcome to request to start a new organization through Club Council. Our office provides the resources and services necessary for the group's development.
- Bookkeeping: The office maintains all student club and Greek organization financial accounts. We also provide online financial ledgers, facilitate expenditures requests, coordinate deposits, and provide financial and budgeting training.
- Travel: Registered student clubs and organizations can access funds for student travel from their club's financial account. The office helps process travel documents and works with the organization to plan trips.
Programs We Offer
- Student Involvement Fairs: Each semester we work with Student Life & Leadership to coordinate this great opportunity. Registered UAA student clubs, organizations and departments help students learn about the many diverse involvement and leadership opportunities within our campus community.
- Student Officer Orientation: Offered several times throughout the year, these trainings are a requirement for the treasurer and either your organization's president or vice president. We provide lots of important and beneficial information to help your organization achieve its goals.
- Leadership Workshop Series: Each semester Student Life & Leadership offers an array of presentations that can help you and your organization enhance skills, experiences, and goal attainment.
Resources for You
- Fundraising: We can provide you with great ideas and resources as well as help find locations for your fundraiser. We also have information on receiving funding form organizations within UAA to help with your event.
- Leadership Development: The Office of Student Clubs and Greek Life is stocked with books, quick-tip handouts, and other resources that offer guidance for improving and maintaining your organization. Your organization can also benefit from the services offered by the office staff and special leadership development programs created by Student Life and Leadership.
- Programming: We can help plan and develop events as well as brainstorm programming ideas. Our staff is always ready to help your organization find ways to partner with other UAA student organizations and departments to make your event a success!
- The Student Club Resource Manual and Greek Organization Handbook: These up-to-date resources provide your organization with he information needed to properly function in the campus community.
- University Policies: We can provide you with publications that outline your responsibilities (i.e. advertising and spending funds) and a list of policies the University requires of an organization.