Ready to start your own student club? Just follow these simple steps:
1. Log in to the UAA Life page (with your Blackboard username and password)
- Go to the Organizations tab at the top of the page
- Follow the steps as outlined in the online registration on UAA Life
- In addition to a Faculty/Staff Advisor, you will need to fill the following officer positions: President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Club Council Representative. Students must have a 2.25 cumulative GPA in order to be eligible to serve as a club/organization officer.
- Click "Submit for Approval" when all information has been included.
**All Registration submissions must be reviewed and approved by the Club Council Executive Board. You can view the status of your submissions and/or update any submissions still in "InProgress" status under My Involvement> My Submissions> Organization Registrations.**
The Club Council Executive Board will contact the club with any questions or for more information.
**For registering a new organization, a Register button will display on the left side of the "Organizations" page, under the search options.**
2. Sign a Statement of Compliance
The President will need to complete the Statement of Compliance form, which is found on UAA Life, on the black menu bar at the top, in the drop-down menu under "Campus Links".
3. Sign a Faculty/Staff Agreement Form
You will need your Faculty or Staff Advisor to fill out a Faculty/Staff Advisor Agreement form, which is found on UAA Life, on the black menu bar at the top, in the drop-down menu under "Campus Links". (this is a separate form from the online registration)
4. Conduct the Registration Presentation
The Club Council Registration Presentation will take place during a Club
Council general meeting. Your club will be contacted by Club Council
to schedule this presentation. New student clubs will be asked to speak
for roughly five minutes to provide Club Council with information such
as affiliations with national or regional organizations. This
presentation will be followed by a short question and answer period. At
the conclusion of the Registration Presentation, your club will be a
registered club at UAA and part of Club Council.
5. Attend a Student Officer Orientation
Every President and Treasurer are required to attend a student officer training session in order to have access to club funds. The Student Officer Orientation is completely online and can be taken from anywhere or if you prefer you may come into our office and take it on one of our computers. Copy and paste this link into your browser address bar and follow the instructions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O98Z0cWsXFbG9pPqknHl-mbUCuZbqbLtHtHA3BTpM3g/pub. Once you successfully pass the quiz then this requirement will be fulfilled.