To lean more about starting your own club at UAA and the benefits offered to recognized clubs download a copy of the Student Club Resource Manual.
Ready to start your own student club? Just follow these simple steps:
- Complete the Intent to Organize Form and submit to the Student Clubs and Greek Life Office in Student Union 210.
Once this form is submitted the club's representative will be given access to facilities and promotional services for 60 days or until the club is officially registered with Club Council.
- Log in to the UAA Life page
- Go to the Organizations tab at the top of the page
**For registering a new organization, a Register button will display on the left side of the page, under the search options.**
- Follow the outlined steps
- Click "Next" at the bottom of each page to continue to the next step.
- You will have the opportunity to review each step prior to submitting the completed registration.
- Click the link associated with each step to review and update the information
- You will need to upload your club's Constitution and Bylaws.
A sample club constitution and bylaws can be found here.
- Click "Submit for Approval" when all information has been included.
**All Registration submissions must be reviewed and approved by the Club Council Executive Board. You can view the status of your submissions and/or update any submissions still in "InProgress" status under My Involvement> My Submissions> Organization Registrations.**
The Club Council Executive Board will contact the club with any questions or for more information.
- Turn in the Club Update Form with signatures from all 5 officers and club Advisor.
- Conduct the Registration Presentation
The Club Council Registration Presentation will take place during a Club
Council general meeting. Your club will be contacted by Club Council
to schedule this presentation. New student clubs will be asked to speak
for roughly five minutes to provide Club Council with information such
as affiliations with national or regional organizations. This
presentation will be followed by a short question and answer period. At
the conclusion of the Registration Presentation, your club will be a
registered club at UAA and part of Club Council.
- Attend a Financial Management Training Session - every President and Treasurer is required to attend a financial management training session in order to have access to club funds.