- Promote student success through quality recruitment, retention, advising, placement and professional development services; through dynamic programs designed to meet high-demand and legacy industry needs; and through high-level service and support at every point of contact with students.
- Improve quality of performance through continuous focus on the teaching/learning process, the career and academic advising process and college-wide customer service.
- Engage the community through interaction and active partnerships with public schools and strategic industry, professional and community stakeholders.
- Reflect Alaska's diversity through student and employee recruitment and through teaching, services, community partnerships and programs that reflect UAA's goals toward cultural, gender and ethnic diversity.
- Be visible in the community through distinctive print and electronic materials, high profile promotional events and activities, and creative collaborations with students, faculty and partners within and beyond the university.