Badal, J., U.Dutta, F.J.Seron, N.Biswas. 2004. 3D imaging of shear wave in uppermost 30m soil coloumn in Anchorage, Alaska . Geophys. Jour. Int. 158, 983-997.
Badal, J., U.Dutta, F.J.Seron, N.Biswas, F. Gomez, Fseron. 2004. Delineacion de suelos en un area metropolitana medinate el empleo de ondas Rayleigh de alta frecuencia. Geo-Temas, 6 (3), 2, 209-212.
Chimner, R. A., and Welker, J. M. 2004. Ecosystem respiration responses to changes in climate in the Mixedgrass Prairie. Biogeochemistry (in press).
Dutton, A. L., Wilkinson, B.H., Welker, J. M., and K. C Lohmann. 2004. Comparison of River Water and Precipitation d18O Across the 48 Contiguous United States. Hydrological Processes (in press).
Dutta, U., N.Biswas, D.Adams, A.Martirosyan, A.Papageorgiou. 2004. Analysis of S-wave attenuation in southcentral Alaska. Bull. Seism. Soc. Am. 94, 16-28.
Hunt. E. R., Kelly, R. D., Fahnestock, J. T., Smith, W. K., Welker, J. M. and Reiners, W. A. 2004. Estimation of carbon sequestration by combining remote sensing and net ecosystem exchange data for northern mixedgrass prairie and sagebrush-steppe ecosystems. Environmental Management (in press).
Kohn, M. and Welker, J. M. 2004. A reanalysis of the temperature-dependence of the isotopes in precipitation. Geophysical Research Letters (in press).
Oberbauer, S., Starr, G., Welker, J. M., Fahnestock, J., Tweedie, C., Webber, P., Henry, G. 2004. Comparative CO2 flux responses to warmer climates in the High and Low Arctic. Global Biogeochemical Cycles (in preparation).
Ostrand, W.D., Howlin, S., and T. Gotthardt. 2004. Fish school selection by marbled murrelets in Prince William Sound, Alaska: responses to changes in availability. Marine Ornithology. 32: 60-76.
Pélabon, C., Hansen, T.F., Carlson, M.L., and W.S. Armbruster. 2004. Variation and genetic properties of developmental stability in Dalechampia scandens. Evolution 58(3): 504-514.
Pélabon, C., M. L. Carlson, T. F. Hansen, and W. S. Armbruster. (Accepted). Effects of crossing distance on fitness and developmental stability in Dalechampia scandens (Euphorbiaceae). American Journal of Botany.
Pélabon, C., M. L. Carlson, T. F. Hansen, N. G. Yoccoz, and W. S. Armbruster. 2004. Consequences of inter-population crosses on developmental stability and canalization in Dalechampia scandens (Euphorbiaceae). Journal of Evolutionary Biology17: 19-32.
Sullivan, P. and Welker, J. M. 2004. Passive warming chambers stimulate early season Eriophorum vaginatum leaf and root production. Oecologia (in press).
Welker, J. M., Fahnestock, J. T., Sullivan, P. and Chimner, R. A. 2004. Leaf mineral nutrition of arctic plants in response to warming and deeper snow in N. Alaska. Oikos (in press).
Welker, J. M., White, J. W., and Vachon, R. 2004. El Nino affects on the isotopic (d18O) characteristics of precipitation across the U. S. Science (submitted).
Welker, J. M., Fahnestock, J. T., Henry, G., Odea, K. 2004. CO2 exchange in the Canadian High Arctic: Response to long-term experimental warming. Global Change Biology (in press).
Welker, J. M., Fahnestock, J. T., Povirk, K., Bilbrough, C. and Piper, R. 2004. Carbon and nitrogen dynamics in a long-term grazed alpine grassland. Arctic, Antarctic and Alpine Research 36, 10-19.
Hinzeman, L., Oechel, W., Sturm, M., Welker, J., Nelson, F., Romanovsky, V., Chapin, F. S., et al. 2004. Evidence for recent changes in the arctic terrestrial landscape. Climatic Change (in press).
Yang, Z., Dutta, U., Chelebi, M., Liu,H. Biswas, N. and H.Benz. 2004. Strong-motion instrumentation and dynamic characteristics of a high-rise building from ambient vibration measurements and lowlevel earthquake shaking. Submitted in Jour. Earthq. Engg.
Reports and Other Publications:
* Boggs, K., J. Grunblatt, S. C. Klein, G. Streveler and B. Koltun. 2004. Draft: Landcover classes, plant associations and ecoregions of Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve. Alaska Natural Heritage Program, Environment and Natural Resources Institute, University of Alaska Anchorage, 707 A Street, Anchorage, AK 99501
* Carlson, M. L., M. Sturdy, R. Lipkin, and J. A. Michaelson. 2004. Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park Vascular Plant Inventory. Annual Technical Report. 93 pp. Cooperative Agreement between National Park Service, Southeast Alaska Network and Alaska Natural Heritage Program, UAA.
* Carlson, M. L., K. W. Boggs, R. Lipkin, and J. A. Michaelson. 2004. Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Vascular Plant Inventory. Annual Technical Report. 97 pp. Cooperative Agreement between National Park Service, Southeast Alaska Network and Alaska Natural Heritage Program, UAA.
* Gotthardt, T. 2004. Monitoring the distribution of amphibians in the Cook Inlet watershed 2003. Final report. Prepared for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Alaska Natural Heritage Program, Environment and Natural Resources Institute, University of Anchorage, Anchorage, AK. 23 pp.
* Rinella, D. J. and D. L. Bogan. 2004. Toward a Diatom Biological Monitoring Index for Cook Inlet Basin, Alaska, Streams. Prepared for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region 10. Environment and Natural Resources Institute, University of Alaska Anchorage, Anchorage, AK. March 2004.
* Tande, G.F. and J. Michaelson. 2004. Production of an ArcView geographic information system for Narrow Cape, Kodiak Island, Alaska: Map base and vegetation layer. Prep. for: Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation, 4300 B Street, Suite 101, Anchorage, AK 99503. Alaska Natural Heritage Program, Environ. and Nat. Resources Inst., Univ. of Alaska Anchorage.
Conference Proceedings and Presentations:
Biswas, N., A.Martirosyan, U.Dutta, M.Dravinski, A.Papageorgiou. 2004. Invesigation for Seismic Zonation of Anchorage. Accepted in the Procedding of IUGG-2003.
Carlson, M. L. 2004. Invasive non-native plants in Alaska: the intersection of natural and anthropogenic disturbance: Meeting of the AAAS, Arctic Division. Anchorage, Alaska.
Yang, Z., Dutta, U., Chelebi, M., Liu, H., Biswas, N., Kono, T. and H.Benz. 2004. Strong motion instrumentation and structural response of Atwood Building in Downtown Anchorage, Alaska. 13th. World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Vancouver, B.C., Canada.(Aug 1-6, 2004), CD-Rom, Paper No. 1136, 10pp.
Yang, Z., Dutta, U., Liu, H. and N.Biswas. 2004. Seismic Instrumentation of the building/Downhole Array system and Analysis of Preliminary Data. 17th. ASCE Engineering Mechanics Conference, University of Delware, Newark, DE (13-16th. June), CD-Rom, Paper No. 381, 6pp.