The APT Council plays a vital role at the University of Alaska Anchorage. The mission of the Council is to serve as a center for input and dissemination of information. The Council provides opportunities for concerns and recommendations to reach the appropriate channels for consideration. APT membership is comprised of representatives of the university staff elected by the Council membership.
What is APT Council?
- a 15-member group of administrative, professional and technical employees elected by their peers
- a UAA campus component of the Board of Regents’ mandated statewide governance provision
What is the purpose of APT Council?
- to provide a forum for APT staff on matters such as salary, working conditions, and general university policies and procedures.
- to provide a direct communication link between the APT employees and senior administration, faculty, and classified staff
- to provide APT representation and feedback on various UAA task forces, committees and other governance groups
- to interact with the university in the areas of general business and operation
When does the Council meet?
- at least 6 times per year, with other business being conducted electronically
- meetings are currently held on the first Thursday of a month, from 10.30 am to noon.
Be Informed… Be Aware… Be Involved…
All APT employees are welcome and encouraged
to attend council meetings!
For more information,contact:
UAA Governance office at 786-1945 or 786- 1994