Suggested amenities for your room:
- Towels/wash cloths
- Personal toiletries (including toilet paper!)
- Sheets (twin long), blankets, pillow
- Laundry bag or basket plus detergent
- Hangers, Iron
- Alarm clock
- Cleaning supplies for your bathroom and room
- Photos, personal items, or wall decor to make you feel at home
- Winter clothes, hat, gloves, and an umbrella or raincoat
- Winter boots (water-resistant footwear is also a good idea)
- School or office supplies
- Other personal items such as a computer, bike, stereo, and camera
- You may want to communicate in advance with your roommates regarding sharing a microwave, coffee pot, tv, and mini-fridge
MAC and Templewood Residents will also need:
- Pots & pans
- Cooking utensils
- Dishes and silverware
"Dorm room" decor ideas:
Extra-long sheets or other "college-specific" items may be purchased on line at www.rhl.org/uaa.
These sites are provided for your convenience, and are not affiliated with with University of Alaska Anchorage. However, if you are looking for school supplies of other great dorm decor, stop by the Campus Bookstore.
Prior to packing, please review your Housing & Dining Agreement, which provides detailed information regarding items that are prohibited in the Residence Halls and Apartments.
- Limited storage space prohibits the removal of existing furniture and minimizes space available for personal furniture.
- The residential community provides a gun safe for weapons storage. Personal possession of firearms is prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed in the residential community.
Internet Connection in the Residence Halls and Templewood:
All Residence Halls and the Templewood Apartments have ethernet data connections, which provide much faster access to the Internet than modems. To utilize the internet capabilities in your room, here is what you need to do:
- Determine you basic computer setup - You must have a computer with one of the following capabilities:
- PC with ethernet card or available expansion card slot
- Macintosh computer with 10BaseT ethernet, AAUI port or available expansion card slot
- If necessary, purchase an ethernet card and cable. To determine the type of 10BaseT ethernet card you should buy for your system, consult your computer system documentation. Ethernet cables can be purchased at the UAA Bookstore. Both the ethernet card and cable should have RJ45 twisted pair connectors.
- Install the card and its software.
- Select the applications you want to use and install them.
- Plug in your ethernet cable and surf the Internet.
Personal Property Insurance (similar to renter's insurance):
Students are encouraged to obtain insurance coverage for personal property. The University is not responsible and does not provide insurance for the loss or theft of, or damage to personal property. This includes damage caused by failure or interruption of utilities.
National Student Services, Inc. is one company that provides students the opportunity to apply for coverage or renew or modify existing coverage. Many other insurance providers (for example, Progressive) may also cover your personal property under a renter's insurance policy.
*Check-in at your assigned Residence Hall. MAC residents check in at Gorsuch
Commons, Templewood residents check in at East Hall.
Important Note: You will need to present a driver's license, passport, or other photo identification when you check-in.
Parking: Students parking a vehicle at the residence halls and apartments are required to purchase and display a UAA parking permit, as well as a "Housing" sticker. Permits may be purchased online at . To obtain your Housing sticker, stop by the Information Desk in the Gorsuch Commons once you have checked-in.
Contact Parking Services
with questions about parking on campus.
Need a laptop, iPad, software, or electronic accessories?
Stop by the
Tech Zone—located on the upper-level of the UAA Campus Bookstore.