The Department of Health, Physical Education & Recreation is dedicated to an integrated holistic model of wellness that is on the forefront of the industry. We look to a future where we achieve the following:
- Promote life-long learners and leaders by modeling, providing unique opportunities and creating an environment that inspires passion, resilience and professionalism
- Forge an effective model of education weaving art, science and movement into course delivery so that every student can learn and inspire others to do the same
- Honor the diversity of the professions represented and embrace the influence of each
- Collaborate with other institutions (internal community/external community/professional organizations) to influence incorporation of a wellness model, creating a hub of health
- Provide state-of-the-art facilities that reflect the excellence of our programs and accommodate our growing community
- Attract talented and high quality students, faculty and staff
Join us in achieving our future!