Occupational Endorsement Certificate, Fitness Leadership (OEC-FL)
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate multiple methods for assessing fitness.
- Direct and re-direct skillful movement based on underlying anatomical and physiological mechanisms.
- Apply the principles of fitness in accordance with nationally-recognized standards.
- Communicate basic nutritional concepts.
- Utilize appropriate motivational strategies.
- Employ safety and injury prevention techniques as well as emergency response procedures.
Group Fitness Leader Emphasis
Students who complete the Group Fitness emphasis will also be able to:
- Develop content and sequencing for group exercise.
- Lead a variety of activities.
Personal Training Emphasis
Students who complete the Personal Training emphasis will also be able to:
- Develop appropriate fitness programs for individuals of diverse ages and/or with varying conditions.