Students should be assigned an academic faculty advisor when they declare as a mathematics major to ensure academic success and program completion.
MATHEMATICS BACCALAUREATE DEGREE PROGRAM OUTCOMES
Students graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics or a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the techniques of modern mathematical subjects including calculus, linear algebra, modern algebra, and probability and statistics.
2. Demonstrate an ability to construct proofs and solve problems using deductive logic, data analysis, computation, modeling and connections.
3. Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak mathematics.
4. Demonstrate cognizance of their mathematical knowledge, of mathematics around them, and their need for life-long learning.
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS DEGREE RECOMMENDED PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR MATHEMATICS
Students graduating with an Associate of Arts in Mathematics will be able to:
1. Use appropriate mathematical language and symbols (arithmetic, algebraic and geometric) to develop and communicate solutions.
2. Demostrate quantitative and analytical skills and knowledge including but not limited to: