Friends of the Center and Related Links
- JET Memorial Project: Montgomery Dickson Memorial - Summary of the Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership (CGP) five-year grant to enable the creation of the Montgomery Dickson Center for Japanese Language & Culture at the University of Alaska with the intent to enhance the
younger generation's further understanding of Japan.
- The Japan Foundation - The Japan Foundation is Japan's public institution dedicated to sharing Japanese culture with people throughout the world. By presenting diverse aspects of Japanese culture, they create platforms of communication and understanding between the peoples of the world and Japan.
- Center for Global Partnership (CGP) - CGP was established in 1991 to promote collaboration between the people of Japan, the United States, and beyond in order to address issues of global concern.
- Consular Office of Japan in Anchorage - The Consular Office of Japan in Anchorage's mission is to promote mutual understanding between Japan and the United States, and specifically between Japan and the State of Alaska.
- World Trade Center Alaska - The World Trade Center Alaska is an important community partner of the
UAA Montgomery Dickson Center (Executive Director Greg Wolf serves as one of the Center's board of directors). The WTCAK is
a private non-profit membership organization providing international
trade and business services to members and community partners across the
state. The mission of WTCAK is to assist Alaskans to successfully
compete for trade and investment in the global marketplace.
- JET Program - The Japan Exchange and Teaching Program seeks to help enhance internationalization in Japan by promoting mutual understanding between Japan and other nations. The program also aims to improve foreign language education in Japan and to encourage international exchange at the local level by fostering ties between Japanese youth and foreign youth.
- UAA Japanese Culture Club Facebook Group - The Japanese Culture Club, or 日本文化クラブ (Nihon Bunka Kurabu) of UAA welcomes members who share a strong interest in Japanese culture, language, and the Japanese people.
- UAA Japanese Language Courses - Homepage of the UAA Japanese Language Program, where you will find current Japanese language course offerings, and other information about the Japanese program.
- Rikuzentakata City - (Japanese language only) Official website for the city of Rikuzentakata, Iwate Prefecture, Japan.
Like Rikuzentakata City on Facebook!