The purpose of the UAA Vara Allen-Jones Scholarship for Academic Excellence is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to part-time or full-time undergraduate students who are formally admitted into a degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage and are served at the UAA Multicultural Center.
Award amount is a minimum $500 per academic year
To apply for this scholarship please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above, and then login to secured area of UAOnline to complete the electronic scholarship application.
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic, and leadership potential
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an Associate or Bachelor degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling part-time (6 credits) or full-time (12 credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Applicant must be served at the UAA Multicultural Center.