The purpose of the UAA Vara Allen-Jones Scholarship for Academic Excellence is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to part-time or full-time undergraduate students who are formally admitted into a degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage and are served at the UAA Multicultural Center.
Award amount is a minimum $500 per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic, and leadership potential
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an Associate or Bachelor degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling part-time (6 credits) or full-time (12 credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Applicant must be served at the UAA Multicultural Center.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the electronic Scholarship Application